What is an Appraisal
An appraisal is an opinion as to the authenticity, quality, design and value of a piece of jewelry. Since it is an opinion, backed and supported by training, equipment and experience, it is important to understand that there can be honest variations between competent appraisals.
Most people commonly believe that the declared price evaluation is the most important aspect of an appraisal. This is not true! Actually, the most important part (and the most protective to the customer) is an explicit description of the jewelry item, accurately depicting the design, the metal, and the stones.
When should you have your jewelry appraised?
- On the purchase of new jewelry, assure coverage for replacement in case of loss or theft.
- In view of continuing inflation, it is a good idea to have all your jewelry appraised every two or three years.
Remember that the most reliable appraisal is an opinion based on the knowledge gained through education and special training, backed up by technical equipment and reinforced by experience.
To give yourself the benefits of the most accurate appraisal possible, heed these points:
- Don’t try to save money on an appraisal. For a professional evaluation, expect to pay a fair fee, usually based on a per item rate. The more intricate the jewelry, the more time needed to examine it.
- Don’t rush your appraiser. Give him/her adequate time to carefully examine every facet of your jewelry.
Appraisals do not represent an offer to purchase or replace your jewelry.
- Insurance Appraisals
- Estate Appraisals
- Appraisals Starting At $65 Per Item
- Jewelry Inspection
- Jewelry Cleaning
- High Resolution Color Photographs
- Appraisals Done In A Timely Manner